Is a committed and innovative leader in continued education and training in the Boland area and currently offers the following opportunity:
• Diploma/degree in Psychology/Social Science/Education
• Minimum two years' relevant working experience
• Counselling skills and experience in working with young adults
• Advanced communication skills
• Bilingualism (English and Afrikaans/IsiXhosa)
• Experience in academic assessment and leadership as well as sport development
• Good organisation and administrative skills
• Experience with community and leadership programmes
• Enthusiastic and able to motivate
• Computer literacy (MS Ofﬁce)
• The ability to handle stressful situations
• A valid driver's licence.
• Registration with a relevant professional council
• Career counselling and/or teaching qualification
• Communication skills in isiXhosa.
Key performance areas:
• Academic assessments
• Providing emotional support to students
• Controlling and following up on student absenteeism
• Supervising the Student Council
• Coordinating, planning and developing extracurricular student activities (sport, cultural activities and wellness programmes)
• Maintaining and developing good student relations on campus
• Compiling reports for the Manager: Student Support.
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Commencement date: As soon as possible
Remuneration: R121 290 per annum basic salary plus 37% in lieu of benefits
Closing date: 7 August 2012
Reference number: SS/CAL/18/07/2012
Applications must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Head Office, Boland College, Private Bag X5068, Stellenbosch 7599 or sent via fax 021 886 6795 or email email@example.com
Please quote the relevant reference number when applying, including a comprehensive CV, covering letter, an application form and the contact details of at least two references.
Application forms are available on our website: www.bolandcollege.com
Enquiries: 021 886 7111
This appointment will be made in line with Boland College's Employment Equity Plan.
If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.